Thursday, May 12, 2011

OH BOY! Set a Personal Best Half Marathon in training today. Well fastest ever for me. That is a 4:34 average pace. Ran in my new Saucony Kinvara. I have been waiting and waiting to run in these and I finally just got a pair. So light and still enough shoe to feel like a heavier trainer, except that its 3 to 4oz lighter. Felt really fast from the first moment. Paired them with Blue Superfeet and sans socks (one little blister just under my ankle that will go away, blisters are good). They wrapped my feet perfectly so my feet weren't swimming. I want to see if the upper mesh will hold its form over time though I have confidence that it will (or at least better then Asics Nimbus 11 or the Asics Trail Sensor 3). I'm still working and conscientiously thinking about my running form making sure I land with a bent leg not a leg out reaching too far with my heel pointed. The Kinvara is great because the mid-sole height even-ish through the shoe. Okay I need food and a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment